Author Topic: Taylor mini hygrometer  (Read 1495 times)

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
Taylor mini hygrometer
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:19:41 PM »
Why has the Taylor brand been removed from these? Now they are branded Extech. Does Taylor no longer endorse these mini case hygrometers?

Vindibona1

Re: Taylor mini hygrometer
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:50:37 AM »
It's nearly impossible to say. Extech has always made them and the only difference is the Taylor name on them.  My guess it had to do with the marketing deal and one or both of the parties was unhappy with continuing the arrangement.

It may be likely that Taylor was the party responsible as it has been (quietly for some reason) marketing their "TaylorSense" sensor which competes directly with the Extech for an "*in-case* hygrometer.   Check this out... 
https://www.taylorguitars.com/taylorsense

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »

Until they have a system that works on Android they have lost me. I would never have a I Phone.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:56:22 PM by Minnesotaman »

Vindibona1

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Until they have asustem

Until they have a system that works on Android they have lost me. I would never have a I Phone.

I guess your Android doesn't work any better than the iPhones :)   

I've recently had both Android and iPhone and they each have their strengths and weaknesses.  I left the Mac platform (I was a Mac evangelist for decades) for PC years ago and haven't ever regretted doing so. If someone gave me a Samsung today I wouldn't be the least unhappy giving up my iPhone. But for me TaylorSense makes little sense, phone platforms aside.

Knuckle47

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
I have to agree with you on the iPhone thing.  I've been unhappy with mine since iPhone 3 and I've upgraded every time including iPhone 7.  No more ......but

I'm interested in Taylorsense particularly with humidity. I have one of those hygrometers in my Hofner President case.  I'm guessing that it might become a handy support element in any warranty issues.  I'm having a custom built koa made with load$ of option$ and given the co$t, if anything should happen, I'd be glad to blame it on something monitored by a company item.  Of course that could backfire when the device says something like ..hey dummy..add water! :)
Taylor T5z Cocobolo
Gretsch 6136 White Falcon1965
Gretsch 6118
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch Brian Setzer
Gibson Les Paul Recording 1971
Gibson J200
Line 6 Acoustic 700
Godin concert nylon synth
Brian Moore iGuitar
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor ll
1970 Les Paul custom