Author Topic: When will the new dreadnaughts be coming out?  (Read 1699 times)

520Fan

When will the new dreadnaughts be coming out?
« on: December 13, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
I know that with the new V bracing, Taylor has been concentrating on the cutaways but when will we see the dreds? I am dying to see if they will make any limited first edition all mahogany like they did a number of years back. I would like to see dreads no cutaways in 25.5" scale.

Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:17:10 PM by 520Fan »

ClassicRock

Re: When will the new dreadnaughts be coming out?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »
NAMM Rumor mill so TIFWIW....

1. V-Class in GCs
2. New body size introduced
3. Taylor not happy with dread prototypes with V bracing, therefore not converting at this time.

520Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
Thanks ClassicRock, they better come out with something soon. I feel they are losing a lot of business not offering dreds without cutaways.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »
NAMM Rumor mill so TIFWIW....

1. V-Class in GCs
2. New body size introduced
3. Taylor not happy with dread prototypes with V bracing, therefore not converting at this time.

Interesting rumors.  I am interested in a GC and have been putting off any purchased till after NAMM.  Not surprised about the X10 rumor.  The rumor of a new body size is quite intriguing. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

DenverSteve

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:56:45 PM »
You can call them and ask in about 60 seconds.  They are the only ones who know.  For what it's worth, I doubt they are losing many non-cutaway dread sales since the vast majority of dreads are full-bodies.

ClassicRock

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 05:59:55 AM »
The rumor of a new body size is quite intriguing.  [/font]
This came from a very good source so my confidence level is pretty high on this one.

Now, let’s speculate. They’ve got the smaller than dread spectrum already blanketed so I believe it is dread or larger. If so, I will be very interested to see how they brace it. They almost have to put V-Class in anything new, wouldn’t you think? I would think V bracing could be adapted to larger bodied guitars simply by adding additional bracing so Im not very confident in #3. W-Class anyone? V2? (nah, sounds like a Nazi rocket).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:08:06 AM by ClassicRock »

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 08:21:50 AM »
Wasn't there a picture circulating not too long ago of a custom built Taylor dread prototype that looked like a slope-shouldered model?   I'm thinking that's the route they're going.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

520Fan

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 10:30:22 AM »
If they are doing a 14 fret slope, 25.5" scale, I would be happy.

ataylor

• Veteran Member
    • I'm recording an album -- check it out on Kickstarter!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 02:32:53 PM »
I would be shocked if they didn’t test their V-bracing in every possible shape and size and wood combination prior to rolling it out. We’ve seen patent illustrations with the bracing applied to a variety of shapes, and I would expect Taylor has done their due dilligence.

I would imagine we will see the V-bracing applied to several more shapes this coming year, if not the entire lineup, beginning with the upper-tier models and then extending to 300/400 series in the summer.

I would love to see Taylor’s take on the slope-shoulder dreadnought. Fingers crossed.
2005 Taylor 210 (sitka/sapele)

520Fan

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 02:45:16 PM »
Hey Andy, are you listening, hint hint...Slope shoulder slope shoulder...Please~!

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »
You can call them and ask in about 60 seconds.  They are the only ones who know.  For what it's worth, I doubt they are losing many non-cutaway dread sales since the vast majority of dreads are full-bodies.
+1