Author Topic: Travel with my GS Mini  (Read 1657 times)

JConnerly

Travel with my GS Mini
« on: November 04, 2014, 03:43:05 PM »
Just wanted to share my experience thus far using my GSM as  travel guitar. There has been much discussion but not many actual stories. In September, my wife, myself and some friends took a trip to Stehekin WA, on Lake Chelan. Travel involved our car, a seaplane and a boat trip. The mini was easy to pack along, fit in nicely, and was a joy to have along. I spent several mornings on the deck overlooking the lake and playing just for the joy of it. Much needed down time!
Last week I took my first trip with it on a commercial airline. Though the plane was small, the GSM fit in the overhead with no problems.
I have been taking it to work with me daily since buying it and being able to have a guitar when I am alone and have a few minutes to practice has really improved my playing. Is it going to replace my Martin? No, but as a travel instrument I have been impressed with it's quality and it's sound. It is going to stay with me and be my go to travel friend.
Martin MMV 2013
Seagull Coastline S6 GT QI
Seagull Maritime SWS Mahogany HG SF
Taylor GS Mini 2013 FLTD Mahogany
Taylor 512ce engleman/mahogany 2006

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Travel with my GS Mini
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »
Another good travel story with the GSM. They make great travel companions. Mine is a regular  motorhome traveler.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »
I have over a million air miles on my original mini. As a pilot I travel with a mini almost every week. Having it available makes for a much more pleasant layover experience. I play a lot more having the mini instead of my previous travel guitar that really was only good for practicing but didn't sound good even when played correctly.
I am sold on the mini for travel and glad to hear that your experiences have been good. I would like to hear others real world experiences as well.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
Another tried and true GS Mini traveler here.  I've traveled commercial air several times with it to locations coast to coast.  Never a problem carrying on or stowing in the overhead.  Most of my business travel is via car and the Mini always find space in the back seat.  There are some trips where it doesn't get played, but it's a comfort that if time opens up, the Mini is ready and waiting.

Love that guitar...
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato