Author Topic: Copy of the Installation Instructions for Grounded Fuse  (Read 632 times)

jimharkins

Copy of the Installation Instructions for Grounded Fuse
« on: November 16, 2015, 02:36:43 PM »
Hi,

I thought my ground fuse was blown on my Taylor 616; because I was getting occasional cloudy-sounding scratchy , annoying sound
through my system.  Anyway, that sound turned out to be from a loose 4-pin plug that plugs into the battery pack.  During  animated performances the wire moved just a little and would cause that annoying sound. I carefully shimmed the connection with a tiny piece of thin plastic,  so it won't move when the guitar moves.

Before discovering the solution, I replaced the 10mA 'ground fuse' which I thought was blown.  I also thought it was blown because my multimeter didn't reveal any apparent continuity when I tested it.

However, I seem to remember from my discarded Fuse Replacement installation instructions, a mention of 150 ohm reading that signifies the ground fuse is intact.  (not blown).

Would anyone know if these instructions are online?  I'd simply like to read them again.

Also,  I am curious as to the actual description or name of this component.
Could this ground fuse be a  'fuseable resistor' or 'flameproof resistor'.
At $16 for 2 of them, they seem pricey. 
I have read blogs of many complaints about how easily the fuses blow.   I wonder if they really are blown or actually intact.  But since there is is some resistance built into the component (150 ohms?), people may automatically think the 'ground fuse' is blown.

Best,

jimharkins