Author Topic: For Sale: 2011 Huss & Dalton 00-SP Custom: Engleman/Cocobolo  (Read 2268 times)

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
Guitar is in excellent condition with a couple minor wear marks that cannot be seen without very close inspection except the driver's side rear corner of the headstock which has a ding which shows clearly in the photos. I am the second owner of this instrument (purchased from silvereagle48 here on AGF - 21 Dec 2012) and it has been properly humidified and cared for it's entire life. I am selling to fund another custom build.

Tone is rich and warm (mellow) with good projection. Rings with good clarity even with a light touch. Very good sustain and complexity in the overtones. The tone is quite sweet, perhaps a bit too much so for gritty blues but outstanding for other styles. I think a contemporary fingerstyle player would love this guitar. Really a full lush sound coming from the 00 size body. This 00-SP has the sweetness of a cocobolo 12-fret but without ever getting syrupy or sustaining notes so long that they lose their individual identity. Very nice.

The 00 size makes it really comfortable to curl up with. An intimate experience for sure! Fit and finish are perfect and the rosette is awesome looking. And don't let my avatar scare you ... all my guitars live in a smoke-free home. (cigar smoking is an out-of-home experience for me)

Soundclip

Today this guitar would list for $6663 (base plus wood upgrades and options). I am setting the price at $3100 or best offer including PayPal fees and ground shipping to the lower 48 USA.

Thanks for looking. Shoot me a PM or email if you're interested.

Specs

Model: 00-SP Custom 12-fret
Top: Engleman Spruce
Back & Sides: Cocobolo
Rosette: Herringbone Abalone with rings
Finish Top, Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
Neck: Slim carve
Neck Finish: Satin Mahogany stained to match Cocobolo
Endgraft: Flamed Koa with bwb purfling
Binding: Flamed Koa (body, fretboard & headstock)
Top purfling: b/w/b/w/b/maple
Back Inlay: Herringbone, Black/Maple
Nut & Saddle: Bone
Headstock: Slotted w/Cocobolo overlay
Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Side Mounts w/Ivoroid buttons
Heelcap: Cocobolo
Fingerboard: Ebony (slotted MOP diamond position inlays - 5,7,9)
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
Number of Frets Clear: 12
Number of Frets Total: 19
Bridge Style: Pyramid (Ebony)
Bridge Pins: Ebony w/MOP Dots
Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
Lower bout width: 14 1/8"
Upper bout width: 9 3/4"
Body depth: 4 1/8"
Body length: 19 3/8"
Scale Length: 24.9"'
Sound hole: 3 3/4"