Author Topic: 2013 Spring Limiteds  (Read 6532 times)

Nomad

• Veteran Member
Re: 2013 Spring Limiteds
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
I heard a rumor that they're being made from Fern Gully Wood.

No, really.

A solid quilted Maple GS Mini with tropical vine inlay and the new version GO pickup included.

A quilted Maple 215ce (you don't think they just threw away all the tooling from the old Jumbos, do you?) in full gloss finish.

There's also rumor of a Taylor Swift Signature Model (TSSM). It's going to be a GS8 encrusted with crystals and will be unveiled at Summer NAMM.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:47:06 PM by Nomad »

GtrgRrl

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
I have a bit of an idea, but unfortunately am not able to give out that information yet.   ;)

Arggg ... a Taylor Tease ... :)

::) ;)

I have a bit of an idea, but unfortunately am not able to give out that information yet.   ;)

Can you at least tell Scriptor whether it's worth waiting?

And me  :)
How about just the woods ?
Not the top, back and sides combination, series, body shape, solid or laminate, but just the woods ?

There's no harm in that, is there ?

Sorry, I really can't.  I will as soon as I have permission from Taylor, though!

Scriptor et al.......As I will tell anyone....don't wait for the future if you find a guitar that speaks to you now.   :)
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”   Keith Richards

www.portlandmusiccompany.com

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 04:41:48 PM »
As I will tell anyone....don't wait for the future if you find a guitar that speaks to you now.   :)

Sage advice.

PureTone

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

No, really.

A solid quilted Maple GS Mini with tropical vine inlay and the new version GO pickup included.

A quilted Maple 215ce (you don't think they just threw away all the tooling from the old Jumbos, do you?) in full gloss finish.

There's also rumor of a Taylor Swift Signature Model (TSSM). It's going to be a GS8 encrusted with crystals and will be unveiled at Summer NAMM.
Fern Gully Wood Forest. FSC certified ?

Also found in Fern Gully Forest - Mycena interrupta.

I could see a Solid GS Mini being offered in a Builder's Reserve set along with a GO.

Gloss Maple 215ce ?
A couple of days ago, it seemed it to be undecided if the 210ce-SB is going to be Rosewood laminate or Sapele.

The website shows that the Jumbo has been discontinued.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/features/shapes/jumbo

As is the GS8.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs8

The TSSM would need to have Rosewood back and sides with an opaque black finish in order to be 'correct'.
The Rosewood headstock is too conservative.

Mother of Pearl, minus the red and green holiday crystals would be the ticket.

A 214 with a Pine top, OSB back and sides, Hickory neck and custom fretboard inlay.

GtrgRrl

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

No, really.

Fern Gully Wood Forest. FSC certified ?

Also found in Fern Gully Forest - Mycena interrupta.

I could see a Solid GS Mini being offered in a Builder's Reserve set along with a GO.

Gloss Maple 215ce ?
A couple of days ago, it seemed it to be undecided if the 210ce-SB is going to be Rosewood laminate or Sapele.

The website shows that the Jumbo has been discontinued.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/features/shapes/jumbo

As is the GS8.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/gs8

The TSSM would need to have Rosewood back and sides with an opaque black finish in order to be 'correct'.
The Rosewood headstock is too conservative.

Mother of Pearl, minus the red and green holiday crystals would be the ticket.

A 214 with a Pine top, OSB back and sides, Hickory neck and custom fretboard inlay.

This post is nothing short of awesome.   ;D
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”   Keith Richards

www.portlandmusiccompany.com

joerogrz

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 04:14:58 PM »

My new dream guitar...

cedarkoa599

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
NAMM wasn't even a month ago. Give them some time!

I think they normally announce them to dealers some time in March.

Yeah, I know ... patience ... it's just that I am GASing for a 12-fret and I am thinking I should wait until the 2013 Spring LTDs are announced in case they have something special in the 12-fret category ... we'll see ...

Me too. A 12 fret Walnut /Cedar Limited would be great.
Right on!
I just priced a BTO in that combo so a ltd would be perfect! I never had a chance to play that combo!