Author Topic: Back to the Taylor family  (Read 673 times)

motorboy1

Back to the Taylor family
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:05:32 PM »
Hey all. Just picked up a used mint 2009 Taylor 410 ce spring limited. Guitar looks unplayed and the case too.👍 I have owned just about every Taylor model in the 2000s starting with the 300 series and progressing thru their whole model line up to the 800 series including a 800 brazilian. Should of kept that one. Darn!! Anywho I eventially moved on to Martins and Collings for that more traditional dread sound. Played those for a few years but always missed that Taylor neck and playability. So looking at guitarcenters used site, always dangerous, I see this  410 ltd. I check the specs and its full gloss, flamed maple binding, diamond neck markers and Aussie blackwood for the back and sides. So I drive down and find it hanging there. Check it over carefully for condition and its perfect, looks unplayed. I strum a few songs on it and it just sings. Deep bass, fat trebles. Sold. The sales guy brings out the case and it looks new too. Faux crocodile look, looks cool. Been really diiging this blackwood and from my research its a cross between mahogany and rosewood. Great sounding tone wood. This ones a keeper....😊

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Back to the Taylor family
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:31:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Taylor. Would love to see pictures of your 410ceSLTD.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
Welcome motorboy-

Nice find there! Good to have you back. Please post pics, and enjoy your stay with us....
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Jscrofani

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
Welcome back!