Author Topic: Sold: MINT 2016 Taylor Custom GS AA Rosewood Adirondack top w/ Koa Armrest  (Read 3472 times)

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
SOLD - Absolute like-new mint condition Taylor Custom BTO guitar. I hand picked the wood and had this built a few months ago by Taylor.

Exceptional Adirondack top (unique striping), figured koa binding, AA Rosewood back and sides, Adirondack Performance bracing, and a figured koa beveled armrest. Complete specs below. Includes original brown deluxe Taylor hard case, case candy, new Elixir strings installed. Guitar has been stored in case, humidified and non-smoking home. Will ship with original Taylor shipping box and insured. Any questions, please ask! Build sheet available on request.

Grand Symphony with Venetian cutaway
Standard 25 1/2 scale, 1 3/4 width
Premium Adirondack top
Adirondack Performance bracing
AA premium East Indian Rosewood back and sides, gloss finish
Ebony headstock, fretboard and bridge
Figured Hawaiian Koa binding, (fretboard and headstock), armrest, and wedge
Mother of Pearl logo and fretboard inlays
Mahogany neck, satin finish
Bone nut and saddle
Paua Abalone shell rosette
Figured Koa bound soundhole
Gotoh 510 Antique Gold tuners with black knobs
Expression System 2 preamp/pickups
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:55:20 PM by Guitarsan »
"The guitar is the perfect drug because when you play it you're in no pain, and when you put it down, there's no hangover." Paul Reed Smith

2021 Taylor 914ce LTD Sinker Redwood/EIR
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Flamed Koa

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
New price, PM if interested!
"The guitar is the perfect drug because when you play it you're in no pain, and when you put it down, there's no hangover." Paul Reed Smith

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
pretty top 8)
just an observation -
the new owner will be able to register the guitar with Taylor &
will receive wood & steel & postcard notifications of upcoming
events, but the limited lifetime warranty will not be valid

GLWTS
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

Grand Auditorium

That abalam rosette is simply exquisite.

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
That abalam rosette is simply exquisite.

Thanks! And now available at a lower price....

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member
That's a beautiful guitar . I love the Koa edge treatments and armrest. I'd probably have to let my 816ce go to get it but man its tempting. I know some people don't like pick gourds and yours looks good great without one, but I'm afraid I'd scratch the heck out of that beautiful top with my strumming. One of the nicest guitars I've seen in a while,. Good luck !!!
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
That's a beautiful guitar . I love the Koa edge treatments and armrest. I'd probably have to let my 816ce go to get it but man its tempting. I know some people don't like pick gourds and yours looks good great without one, but I'm afraid I'd scratch the heck out of that beautiful top with my strumming. One of the nicest guitars I've seen in a while,. Good luck !!!

Thanks! And not a big deal to add a pickguard, a number of suppliers will make or sell you a nice Taylor shaped one of rosewood or anything one likes!

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Thanks! And not a big deal to add a pickguard, a number of suppliers will make or sell you a nice Taylor shaped one of rosewood or anything one likes!

are all taylor  pickguards the same size? i have an extra one i got for my gc 12 fret you can have for free, just pay for the shipping. i never used it

might be cheaper to get a cling on clear one but there's my offer :)
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member

are all taylor  pickguards the same size? i have an extra one i got for my gc 12 fret you can have for free, just pay for the shipping. i never used it

might be cheaper to get a cling on clear one but there's my offer :)

Thanks , but actually I was thinking a  figured KOA pick guard would fit right in , but I'm just dreaming ... My wife would first; think I'd gone off the deep end and then second; ... uh... she'd kill me.
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
Thanks , but actually I was thinking a  figured KOA pick guard would fit right in , but I'm just dreaming ... My wife would first; think I'd gone off the deep end and then second; ... uh... she'd kill me.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission.   

GLWS Guitarsan - it's a beauty!
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission.   

GLWS Guitarsan - it's a beauty!

Thanks, and... last price reduction now in place!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
I have found that Adirondack tops can make for a powerhouse in volume.  Add in the AA Rosewood and wow what a nice guitar you have there.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.