Author Topic: CL Picks: Same Materials as Blue Chip & Red Bear, plus FREE SHIPPING: see photos  (Read 9161 times)

Charmed Life Picks

Hi, Folks:

It's nice to see UTGF growing and prospering.

I'll make this short. We are Charmed Life Picks. We make two lines of picks made from the two most renown materials in the industry. We are the only company in the world making picks from both of these amazing materials. These are proven materials, having stood the test of time and played for many years by the world's top acoustic players and touring professionals. Our picks are cheaper than vendors offering the identical materials, and we always include free freight. If the photos below look familar to you, we may have something of interest to you. 

In addition to our flagship "cl" brown series models, above, we also make a line from our imitation "tortoise" material that has been regarded for decades as the next best thing to real TS picks. It's sonic warmth and suppleness is astounding.

And just last week we released two models in our new Limited Edition Artisan Series. This is the same material as the "tortoise" material shown above, but in a stunning iridescent red. We found this material halfway round the world and bought the last four sheets in existence.

Come on by our website to stroll around, feel free to drop me a direct line with questions at charmedlifepicks @ gmail, or even post a question in this thread.

http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/

One last thing. We have hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers, but no time to post them online. We spend LONG hours in the shop every week making the best guitar picks on the planet. Our marketing budget is zero. We've grown strictly by word-of-mouth, we put all the profits back into our products, NOT into our pockets. It must be working, since our December sales are already up quadruple over any other month in 2016.

At less than a year in business, we're already known industry-wide as one of the top guitar picks companies in a very crowded field. We make NO cheap picks for profit, no neon baubles or crap that breaks, only premium picks that run circles around almost everything out there. We'll stake our reputation on it.

Oh, and we offer a full, thirty-day money back guarantee, for any reason. We get very few returns, but stand behind our products like no one else in the industry. 

If you ever wanted to hear your Taylor as you've never heard it before, you'll be stunned by the difference, guaranteed.

Well, this is my version of short.....

Thanks!
Scott Memmer

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:38:43 PM by Charmed Life Picks »
Charmed Life Picks is endorsed by Eastman Guitars. We are also endorsed by stellar Bluegrass guitarist Brad Davis.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Charmed Life Picks: The Two Best Lines in the Industry (See Photos)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
Hi Scott! Great to see you here!  ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
Thanks, appreciate it. Sending you a PM here.

sm
Charmed Life Picks is endorsed by Eastman Guitars. We are also endorsed by stellar Bluegrass guitarist Brad Davis.

Kip Marchetti

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
I like many have been on a life long search for the perfect pick. I've tried many different picks over the years and thought I would stick with Blue Chip which is a fine pick. A couple weeks before Christmas I happened upon a Charmed Life Pick discussion and thought I'd give one a try. I think I've found what I'm looking for with Charmed Life and Scott provides tremendous customer service. I haven't put my pick or guitar down for a solid month. Excellent feel, great tone and virtually no wear after a month. Love it.
Kip

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »
Kip, appreciate the kind words. Sorry I didn't catch this sooner. Being so busy with our business these days, I truly miss being a part of the discussion on the many fine boards on the Net, including UTGF. I don't remember which model you ordered, but will look it up and post a link for folks here.

Our business has really exploded, and we got taught totally flatfooted. We remain very grateful to folks such as yourself has take the time to post a review of our products. I've always felt -- and continue to feel -- that reports like yours are much more valuable to other UTGF members than anything I could say.

Thanks Again, Kip,
Scott Memmer

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
Kip, thanks for your continued support.

Folks, we have just released a new line, charmed life black. This is a brand-new material to the industry. We are the only ones offering it.

We move very slowly when it comes to new things, because we already offer the two best materials in the industry. We spent a full 18 months in the field testing this material with three dozen of the best players we could find before pulling the trigger. We're positive you'll love the results.

The first two black models are a standard teardrop and large tri, both at 1.0 mm. We have these on the shelf and ready to ship.

A few more things you may want to know about us:

1) FREE FREIGHT: We NEVER charge for freight. All U.S. orders ship with prepaid freight (international orders must pay for shipping). There are no hidden fees or copays; what you see is what you get.

2) Returns: We have the most generous return policy in the pick industry: 35 days, no questions asked. How can we do this? People don't send our stuff back. We use the best materials on the planet, insuring stellar performance. We'll buy our pick back from you if you don't like it, but we get almost no takers on this offer. The proof is in the performance.

3) Warranty & Exchange: Same as #2.

4) Crap in, Crap out. We make no crap picks to boost our bottom lineWe have no desire to EVER make picks strictly for profit.

We have zero marketing budget and have built our company entirely on word-of-mouth. Buy one of our picks and play it against everything else you can get your hands on. The proof is in the performance.

thanks for reading,
scott memmer

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:07:12 PM by Charmed Life Picks »

Hoosierguy

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
Very happy customer here!  Quality pick with a beautiful look. 

Also...you may want to edit your pictures.  Photo bucket is no longer showing your pictures.  They now want you to have a paid photo bucket account.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:03:22 PM by Hoosierguy »

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 04:53:38 PM »
Hoosier, thanks. Photobucket has hosed millions of people with their change. Been so dang busy. Will try to get in here and fix this soon.

Thanks!
Scott

[youtube]7DTUBFg1etM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:26:26 PM by Charmed Life Picks »

madx2

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 09:36:26 PM »
I had a K&K pure mini installed in my Taylor a while back.  About 2 months ago I noticed a wire had come loose and was rattling around.  A friend re-attached it to the inside and didn't want payment for his work.  I decided I would get him something I knew he wouldn't buy for himself.  I bought him one of Charmed Life Picks' "#1 Best Seller" picks and he was blown away with it. 

Tonight he contacted me asking where I got it because he wants to buy another for himself. To quote him, "Thanks Marty, never thought I'd get goosy about a pick, it is just that good!"

Yep, it is.  Thanks for the great product Scott.

Charmed Life Picks

Mark, thanks for your post and forgive my tardiness in getting back to you. Been quite a busy spring for us.

Yes, a pick can make a HUGE difference.

I'll try to keep this short.

I've been playing genuine TS for forty years. When they became illegal I began a decades-long search for a legal, manmade replacement. I played EVERYTHING. The closest I found -- for about a decade -- was the Dunlop Ultex line. Then, on a fluke, I heard about Blue Chip. I bought a square inch of that stuff for about $100 made myself a handful of picks (I did this cuz I'm cheap). But then a buddy of mine asked me to make one for him, and his buddy, and then his buddy, and I swear to you I turned around and I'm the frickin' guitar pick business.

So here's what I wanna tell you, folks. I was NOT looking for a business opportunity. I am a fully tenured English professor, which is already the best job in the world. I had NO plans to do anything like this. The only thing I'd ever manufactured was a lot of trouble for my wife. But I fell in love with these materials. I totally backed into this thing.

We're the only other company on the planet in production with the identical material Blue Chip uses, except we go MUCH THINNER -- all the way down to .75 mm. We also have several gorgeous Casein colors that sound and look amazing. Here's one we call "flame":

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:36:46 PM by Charmed Life Picks »

Charmed Life Picks

Charmed Life Pick demo
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 09:20:26 PM »
Here's a very simple demo of an Eastman guitar played into a Shure SM-58. This is being played with our "tortoise" casein .90 mm teardrop. A good pick can make a HUGE difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfTx2yws1E

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:22:00 PM by Charmed Life Picks »

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
I purchased my first CLP Brown 60mm... review will be coming in a bit but I’m really liking this pick  8)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard