Author Topic: Custom LTD's ?  (Read 2276 times)

play2praiseHim

Custom LTD's ?
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
I was just wondering if Taylor announces a LTD Edition model, is it possible to customize that LTD when you place an order through your dealer? I was fortunate to happen across my NOS 2011 LTD 414ce in a Mom and Pop on a shopping trip 3 towns over. My preference would have been for no cutaway or electronics . Would it have been possible to special order it that way from my dealer when they were first announced?  Has anyone ever done that?
Lady Toni
2013 Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage Ltd.
2012 GS Mini LTD Tasmanian Blackwood

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
Re: Custom LTD's ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
I am pretty sure LTDs are what they are and cannot be ordered with modifications. The only way I know to do that would be BTO which may or may not have all the LTD spec options available.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

jalbert

• I should be practicing
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:45 AM »
The only possible modification to a Limited these days appears to be subtracting electronics. But even then that depends on which dealer, and it won't lower the cost. So practically speaking, consider the answer to be "no".

You may order a BTO that's very similar, but don't expect to get the same exotic wood or custom inlays.
James

'07 GA8-12
'19 Academy 12e-N

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
I am pretty sure LTDs are what they are and cannot be ordered with modifications. The only way I know to do that would be BTO which may or may not have all the LTD spec options available.
Plus at a much higher price tag than the Limiteds, which is what make them such a good bargain.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

play2praiseHim

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
Thats what i figured. Thanks. And yes, I agree, the LTD's are great deals. I just wish Taylor would consider offering them in the purely acoustic /no cutaway models as well.
Lady Toni

Steve

• Veteran Member
    • Steve Parr Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
Once upon a time, it was possible.

Now, LTD's are what they are, and there's very little you can do to them. As has already been mentioned, if you take the electronics out, you won't save any money; the price is what the price is.

Doing anything to a LTD would put it in the "modify a model" category and, as such, would have to be handled as such...

No one has ever been on their death-bed wishing they'd been more practical...

Drock2k1

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »
There are plenty of shops that had modified limiteds last year. I bought a GACE Limited Hog which was requested by the dealer before hand. From what I understand though, the dealer makes the request before placing their order for the limiteds.

play2praiseHim

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
Good to know. Thanks
Lady Toni