Author Topic: Need setup help!!! Badly!!!  (Read 2188 times)

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
Need setup help!!! Badly!!!
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
Since I am a bluegrasser at heart and have been the majority of the time I have been playing music, I am totally lost when it comes to this electric side of things and country music.  I want to know the best setup I can put together for three instruments.  I have a Fender Acoustasonic 150 amp.  To properly utilize my fiddle, my T5 and my 614ce onstage, how would you guys and gals proceed as far as tuner pedal, a/b/y switches and stuff???  I don't want to sound stupid but I am totally clueless when it comes to this stuff and I know I need it.  So please help me out and point me in the right direction.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
Re: Need setup help!!! Badly!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »
Fill us in a bit.  Pickup in fiddle?  Any effects pedals you want to use?  What kind of venues?  How mobile do you need to be?  How much do you want to spend / can afford?
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
Fill us in a bit.  Pickup in fiddle?  Any effects pedals you want to use?  What kind of venues?  How mobile do you need to be?  How much do you want to spend / can afford?

Fiddle does have an LR Baggs bridge pickup on it.  Since I mainly play rhythm guitar, I am not too worried about effects pedals except maybe a volume pedal, We play indoor and outdoor venues both and most places we play have a professional pa system.   If I can put everthing into a case, I am not worried about mobility because I am getting a little cart to carry everything on.  I don't want to go crazy on money but I am going to set my limit at $1,000 for everything.  I am just trying to make my onstage situation better.  I have 3 corded instruments that I play and I am tired of having to flip cords around and avoid tripping on them everytime we play, so what I am looking for is the best mid-range pricewise set-up that I can do to go wireless and use all three instruments.  I do realize that I will have to mute the wireless and unplug/plug while doing instrument swaps.  I hope this makes everything clear as mud. 
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

S MS Picker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »
 I've used a small PA w/12s/horn and a wedge monitor a lot. Works great, big sound and plenty of inputs' as well as effects loops,etc.
Steve
"99 414
2000 410Ce
"05 214
"06 410CE (short scale)
"10 814CE-LTD(fall)
"11 414CE-LTD(fall)
"11 412CE
"12 Custom GS  Adi/Hog

-other-
"12 Eastman E20D
"? Silvertone (Sears) 2 lipstick tube PU electric