Author Topic: NGD turns in to... No Guitar Day :(  (Read 1068 times)

Drock2k1

NGD turns in to... No Guitar Day :(
« on: February 06, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
New Guitar Day! My favorite of days!

Late last year I ordered a custom Taylor 522ce. I wanted a 512ce spruce with a shaded top and the easiest way to do so, was to get a 522ce and change the top to spruce. I also changed out the hardware and pickguard and of course, the waiting sucked. I checked in frequently on the timeline and made arrangements to go pick it up after work today. Today was the day...and then they opened the case.

Not a single modification was made to the guitar

I know stuff happens and seriously, it's not like it's the end of the world. Just major bummed. At this point I don't know if I'm going to get something off the shelf or order again and hope it goes better this time. I am on a 1 in and 1 out guitar program so I have been borrowing a guitar from a relative in the meantime so it's not like I am guitarless.

Anyone else have disappointing NGDs?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:20:48 PM by Drock2k1 »

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: NGD turns in to... No Guitar Day :(
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:13:05 PM »
So sorry to hear that. When I ordered my 512ce back in 2013 with some mods, it came in 6 weeks later. All was correct, but it had a flaw.....a thin, light-colored line of glue seepage about an inch long above the 2nd fret, where the binding and neck meet. With the dark neck and dark binding, it stuck out like a sore thumb. For the price I was paying, it was unacceptable. So, I waited 6 more weeks for a new one, which turned out beautiful. It was worth it in the end, but 12 weeks was frustrating. I feel your pain. Let us know what way you end up going. I would suggest you order what you really want.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:17:50 PM by TaylorGirl »
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »
I accepted a shops word that they had a “better” hog mini than the one I played, and had them ship that. Taylor fixed the neck issues, but it still didn’t “feel” right to me so it went back.
I am surprised that the mods weren’t made, and wonder if they shipped your guitar to the wrong place?? I would order what you want, they will make it and it will be worth the wait.
Good luck,
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

Drock2k1

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »
I went ahead and replaced the order. Ultimately, it is what I want so 6 or 12 weeks is worth the wait.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
Good for you Drock.  I think it will be worth the wait.  In the end, and years from now the 6 - 12 weeks will be forgotten, but the Taylor goodness will remain.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
I went ahead and replaced the order. Ultimately, it is what I want so 6 or 12 weeks is worth the wait.
Good! Whether the dealer or Taylor dropped the ball, I think you'll get your new guitar and you will be very happy. Looking forward to your RNGD (real new guitar day).  :)
Susie

Drock2k1

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 08:04:59 PM »
Thanks all. I will be sure to post. The dealer did give me a small amount of my purchase price back due to the mixup. I didn't ask for it but that was pretty cool.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »
Thanks all. I will be sure to post. The dealer did give me a small amount of my purchase price back due to the mixup. I didn't ask for it but that was pretty cool.
Real nice gesture. I got a goodie package from Taylor for my ordeal. Those actions help the wait not feel quite so bad.
Susie