Author Topic: 2016 Taylor Revoiced 614e w/ OHSC - SOLD......  (Read 1194 times)

jrporter

• Veteran Member
2016 Taylor Revoiced 614e w/ OHSC - SOLD......
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »
I purchased this amazing guitar several months ago and was not disappointed in its looks, tone and very action. However, to my ear, it's just not different enough from my 714 and 814 to justify keeping it. My loss is someone else's gain. If there's a scratch or ding on this beauty, I sure can't find it. No trades please. SOLD>>>>>>

The re-designed maple 600 series has been enhanced with new features to bring historically bright tones a richer, warmer, and more complex voice. With the 614e, Taylor has updated the Sitka Spruce Top by using torrefaction, which is a roasting process that offers better resonance and responsiveness it also provides a slightly darker cedar-like complexion. A new customized bracing scheme and wood thickness brings out some new dimensions which produce enhanced warmth, balance, and sustain, while the maple specific bracing profile for the backs enhance responsiveness. This Taylor 614e is lightly used and is in excellent overall condition!

Figured Maple Back and Sides
Torrefied Sitka Spruce Top
Ivoroid Fretboard Inlay Motif
Inlaid Ebony Backstrap
Expression System 2 Pickup
Taylor Nickel Tuners
1 ¾” Nut width
600 Series Advanced Performance Bracing
Taylor Original Hard Shell Case

For 2015, master builder Andy Powers redesigned the 600 series for a whole new era of maple body instruments. Utilizing an updated bracing, a Torrefied Sitka Spruce top, and protein glues that take resonance to whole new level, the new 600 series is certainly something to marvel at. Piano like clarity, rich midrange and sparkling highs make the new 600 series so much more than a great maple bodied instrument. The looks of the 600 series changed too, with a beautiful, hand-rubbed staining process, thinner finish, and torrefied maple top, creating a warm, inviting instrument that begs to be played.

[youtube]TxKcgugqGNQ/[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:06:36 PM by jrporter »

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 2016 Taylor Revoiced 614e w/ OHSC - Excellent Condition $1895
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »
Nice 614.  This will be a very nice revoiced Taylor.  I have always liked the new stain on these 614s.  Good Luck with this one.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.