Author Topic: 210/214 ES questions  (Read 700 times)

PraiseHim

210/214 ES questions
« on: January 26, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
What year did Taylor start putting the same ES in the 200 series that's in all their other models?  Was the prior system the ES T?
 I play acoustic at church, what are thoughts about using this guitar to lead worship?
Thanks
Susan
2007 GA3e
...and an old 1980's dread spruce/rosewood

nhbiker1961

• My duo
Re: 210/214 ES questions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:27:53 AM »
Actually, as of last year, Taylor is putting the ES-T pre-amp along with the ES2 models. My 414 came with that pre-amp and i ended swapping it out for an ES2 pre-amp.
Taylor 414ce
Taylor 214ce
2-Godin A6
Fender-strat
Fender-teli
Peavey
Washburn 12 String
Godin SD
Epiphone Red Dot
Wahburn dobro
Les Paul
Peavey Bass
2 Fender Basses
Acoustic bass.

TLAW

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
Hey PH..I'd answer your guitar appropriate worship question the same way I answer the question when people ask me  "should we use hymnals or slides on a screen?"....my answer is always "YES" :)

No guitar will be "right" or "wrong" if your using it to make HIM famous.

I would say use whatever your heart (& wallet) tell you to use....pretty sure HE is pleased most with the condition of our hearts over the condition of guitars :)

That being said I play a 914 HE loaned me so my decision is a no brainer :)

THANK you for your heart in tour guiding others into HIS presence!
1913 Weymann Banjolin
1996 Strat/Texas Special
2003 Martin HD28
2007 Rover F Style Mandolin
2015 Eastman VL501 Violin
2017 Lamberti Master Series Guarneri Violin
2017 Taylor 914ce Sunburst
2019 Collings CJ35 Sunburst
Several other Also Rans

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
Hello Susan,
First off, welcome to the forum!! 

In response to your Q about the 200s, I was just --in this last two months-- shopping for used 100s/200s and in my net-meandering noticed that the ES-T seemed to come on many (most) of the 200 series, while the ES2 on only the 2016, and "maybe" 2015 models, though I couldn't say this definitively.  The 200 "Deluxe" models, however, are equipped with the ES2, and have a full-gloss finish and some aesthetic upgrades, as well as a hardshell case, so you may want to consider these Deluxe models, as well, as they are well worth the modest upcharge for a substantial upgrade in electronics and case, IMHO (and yes, full gloss is nicer too!).

As for leading worship, as TL had said, any guitar is truly fine, some will be better/worse than others, but the real key to getting decent tone in the house is getting the right mix at the board.  So here is where I hope your sound guy is able and willing.

Specifically to the Taylors, I personally believe the ES-T (what many refer to as a Piezo under-saddle transducer) will get you there just fine, no issue whatsoever.  But for me, it is my last choice given Taylor's electronics loaded on their various guitars.  If you can swing a 200 with the ES2, I feel this is the far better-sounding option.  Not only does the ES2 sound more natural and "acoustic guitar" through a PA than the "T" version, it is easier to get it to sound good under any plugged-in circumstance, such as an acoustic amp or portable PA, should you do any worship service elsewhere.  My opinions and bias, to be sure, but if you're looking for a solid workhorse guitar that will serve you well in many arenas of use, the 200 series with ES2 is what I'd recommend.  These are stellar guitars that need no apology or excuse as they will deliver superb play and tone without question.  Hope that helps you a bit!  :)

Edward

PraiseHim

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 04:07:56 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  Edward you saved me a lot of searching appreciate it-that's the info I was looking for.
Susan
2007 GA3e
...and an old 1980's dread spruce/rosewood

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 09:56:59 PM »
You bet!  It's not definitive info in terms of model year, but it gives you a starting point.  Post back with your success!! :)

Edward