Author Topic: Batteries (again!)  (Read 4515 times)

GrainWave

Re: Batteries (again!)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 02:55:33 AM »
There is clearly a great deal of pent-up frustration out there among Taylor owners - especially the non-US residents. I appreciate the solidarity of our US colleagues but, like a number of you, I can't understand why Taylor haven't done something about the problem (apart from telling us to chop off the top of the battery holder (doh!). Don't they read these posts??

We've had one response confirming difficulty with fitting an Energiser Max but no-one has responded to this topic to say that they are OK - I'm not saying they are, but my local Taylor shop is selling Energiser Max as 'Taylor-friendly' batteries and I find it hard to believe they've got it completely wrong! I have seen a reference, in another post recently (can't remember the topic) to 'Duracell or Energiser' being good batteries for Taylor - so there must be someone out there with a positive view of Energisers - any takers?

In about 8 months time I'm going to be stuck for batteries unless I can find a solution.

I've just tried an Energizer Max and although it measures ever so slightly larger than the Taylor Duracell, it still fits perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:02:39 AM by GrainWave »

theonemanband

Re: Batteries (again!)
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
Why all the fuss?..................Duracell "Duralock" re-chargeables!!

9.4 v/170mAh........made in China........readily available in most UK outlets..........hold their charge as well as any "disposable" battery........fit perfectly and ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in guitar performance (T5z-12c); AND..........MUCH..MUCH  kinder to our environment!!
Do the planet a favour AND save money!......if it has to be batteries.....USE RE-CHARGEABLES!!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:44:25 AM by MGap »
Taylor T5z-12 Classic
Danelectro DC59-12 (open G)
Avalon S32-12
Takamine EGMINI