Author Topic: Last Giveaway!!! 2 Hercules Guitar Stands!!! 2 Winners will be selected!!!  (Read 8516 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Hi UTGF!

Please join me in thanking Rob from Hercules Stands for the gracious donation of 2 stands to give away!!!

Ok on to the review!

Hercules Guitar stand model: GS414B  which is one of their best sellers!

Packaging: The stand came in a nice slim box with a plastic carry handle and when opened both parts of the stand were wrapped in plastic. They definitely could have packed it in a cheaper box but the carry handle was really nice.  I'd venture to say that you could use the box to transport it around if you had to go play somewhere. You could always just carry the two pieces of the stand by itself as well.

Stand appearance:  The stand doesn't appear slim or cheap. Before I even get to the heart of the review, I think we all would agree that guitar stands have to appear solid first.  We are entrusting any stand with guitars that most of us treasure dearly. This Hercules stand looks very solid and robust. I'll also note that this is the first Hercules stand I've seen in person.  I know the Hercules brand is quite popular from what I've seen online. I know it's a super small detail but one that can't be missed is the yellow part on the stand, where the three legs meet. Anyone that's familiar with the Hercules brand can probably pick it out from other stands based simply on the eye catching yellow.  That's a great and subtle way for Hercules to make its products stand out from the rest of the pack.

The metal neck, and legs are solid as is the actual tripod. ALL parts that come in contact with guitar have a really nice, soft foam padding. Not so soft that the guitar would be able to "dent" through the foam and hit the metal legs.  The top of the neck features a really nice grip (I'll share more about this part later.)  The bottom of the three legs have a very thick and textured grip that grips amazingly well on carpet, wood floor and tile.  Yes, I tried it on all three surfaces.

Stand Performance: This is the good part.  This stand gets a solid 5 stars out of 5 stars in my book. This particular model features what Hercules calls its "Auto Grip System."  In short, when you put your guitar in the grip, the weight of the guitar closes the grip, ensuring that the guitar won't fall forward. Most really cheap stands don't have this. If someone were to bump the guitar forward with enough force, the guitar would simply fall forward and get damaged. Other cheap stands have a simple rubber piece that closes the gap so that the guitar can't fall forward, but YOU have to manually attach the rubber link to close the gap.  Hercules takes all the work out of the equation. Gravity plus the weight of the guitar is enough to engage the grip to close automatically. When you pick up the guitar and the weight is released, the grip automatically opens. It's simple but absolutely genius.

The neck's height is easily adjustable with a squeeze grip. When squeezed you can adjust the neck up or down and when released it'll lock itself in place.  Some guitar stands feature a "U" shaped rack on the bottom that hold the lower bout of the guitar in place.  It's not a bad thing, but for many of those stands, that "U" piece actually comes out and the stand can be taken down into 3 pieces. Hercules eliminates that with this model. The guitar isn't held by anything other than it's own weight on the "Auto Grip" and gravity.  The stand naturally leans back and the lower bout of the guitar simply rests on the front of the two front facing legs. Once again there is solid foam that protects the finish and wood of the guitar.

I put the Hercules stand through its paces with both my Taylor and Martin. I tried knocking it over (carefully) from all sorts of angles. Can you knock it over?  Absolutely, but it would have to be more than a simple knocking into it for it to topple. Let's be honest, most times when a guitar is nudged on any guitar stand the person doing the nudging accidentally nudges it. No one, unless they're the devil, would intentionally try to knock it over.  The big, textured rubber grips keep the stand it place as well.  This stand isn't going anywhere unless you intentionally want it to.

Stand Quality: This GS414B stand is solid as I described above. There's really nothing on this stand where you think to yourself "Ah here's where Hercules tried to cut corners."  It's an amazingly solid, well thought out tool to have. There's a reason why so many love Hercules, and now I'm one of them. Hercules even offers a Full Lifetime Warranty in the USA for defects in workmanship.  If you want to find out more you can visit their website below.

If you have been or are in the market for a guitar stand, look no further than Hercules. If this stand isn't what you're looking for check out their website to see what other models they offer! Don't want to have a ton of stands around? No worries, Hercules also makes other stands that hold 3 or more guitars!

Again, a massive Thank You shout out to Rob and Hercules!

http://herculesstands.com/us/

The Contest will run from now until the end of January 4th on which I'll randomly choose two numbers and the replies which match the numbers will win!

Rules to enter:
1. Reply to this thread  :D
2. No duplicate entries. Duplicate entries will disqualify you from the contest.

I'll mail the packages anywhere.  So anyone overseas is welcome to participate. Good Luck everyone!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:36:09 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Lectrons

Re: Last Giveaway!!! 2 Hercules Guitar Stands!!! 2 Winners will be selected!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:39 PM »
Major Guitar Protection. I definitely could see owning one. Thanks
2017- 712ce 12 fret FLTD cedar/koa
2016- 322ce 12 fret
2015- 612ce 12 fret
2007- T5 C2 Koa
2012- K24ce
2001- 414ce

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:43:49 PM »
Thank you Rob from Herc!  I already own one of these, and would love another!!!
And thanks to you, Josh ...you rocketh mightily, sir!  :)

Edward

Coyoteone

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »
Hey put me in, thanks

Duff

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 10:52:58 PM »
Wow....very nice give away.
Please put me in
Thanks
Cheers
Never touch a candle if you don't know where it's been.
Ian Drury.

Soof

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »
Thanks again Josh for offering these goodies to UTGF folks.
I think my Taylor and Martin guitars would look perfectly fine on these stands !!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:06:44 PM by Soof »
Martin D-20 12 string (1970)
Yamaha APX500III
Taylor 110e Prototype (2016)
Fender Squier Vintage Modified 70s Tele
Reville MV-XM (actually a very nice Gibson copy!)
Donner Strat (copy)

splendora

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »
I was *so* impressed with the Hercules stands when I tried one out. The Auto-Grip system is a marvel of engineering!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 11:53:14 PM »
I own a Hercules stand.  two would be better.

Count me in.

Thanks Josh
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
I've got a Hercules, they are great products. Please count me in. Thanks.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:44 AM »
I certainly can always use another guitar stand...!  Count me in!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »
These are great stands - count me in !
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:07 AM »
Can’t have enough stands, and that looks like a nice one! Count me in please
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

freddycaster

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 07:58:26 AM »
great stands - please include me - thanks!

packy

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:04:27 AM »
Great stand.  Count me in and thanks!

Radd

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
In, please