Author Topic: FS:Taylor 814 (no cutaway or electronics) w/OHSC SOLD.....  (Read 1497 times)

jrporter

• Veteran Member
FS:Taylor 814 (no cutaway or electronics) w/OHSC SOLD.....
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »
What can I say that hasn't already been said about this amazing revoiced mainstay of the Taylor lineup? It's got an amazing tone and playability and is in excellent condition. Never gigged, never left my smoke-free/pet-free house for that matter. As I enter the holiday spending season, I just have too many guitars. I know that I'll regret losing this one, but my loss will be some lucky buyer's gain. Finding an 814 without cutaway or electronics is nigh onto impossible unless special ordered.

Taylor’s popular 814 offers players the ultimate all-purpose guitar. Its balance, warmth and articulation are great for fingerstyle, it has enough punch as a strummer to front a band, and the top-end power will fuel lead runs without getting shrill. It’s a great choice for a gigging player looking for one guitar that can cover it all. The revoicing of the 800 Series has brought greater warmth, a more mature midrange, and a looser, more luxurious low end to the 814, thanks in part to the customized bracing and a new, custom-calibrated Elixir HD Light string-gauge set. Premium appointments include maple binding and back strip, rosewood top edge trim, a rosewood pickguard, Taylor’s new Element fretboard inlay in mother-of-pearl and a marbled fretboard. The guitar includes a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.

The essence of the Taylor playing experience lives within the rosewood/spruce 800 Series. With the debut of its comprehensive redesign in 2014, master guitar designer Andy Powers took what was already Taylor’s flagship guitar series and deployed an array of voicing enhancements, ranging from customized bracing and wood thicknesses for each body style to the use of protein glues and ultra-thin finish, to bring out another level of musicality. Together, these refinements deliver much more than the sum of their parts. For everyone from pros to hobbyists, they make the playing experience more expressive, inspiring and fun.

Grand Auditorium
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice. Taylor's popular 814 offers players the ultimate all-purpose guitar. Its balance, warmth and articulation are great for fingerstyle, it has enough punch as a strummer to front a band, and the top-end power will fuel lead runs without getting shrill. It's a great choice for a gigging player looking for one guitar that can cover it all.

Tonewoods
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. The dense hardwood boasts striking visual appeal and a richly musical tone profile. Attributes include a crisp, clear, often bell-like ringing tone, especially in the treble frequencies; a warm and resonant low end; luxurious overtones that yield a wonderful complexity and sustain; and strong volume and responsiveness.

Custom-calibrated wood thicknesses and bracing for each body shape, 3.5 mil finish thickness, protein glue (bracing and bridge), rosewood pickguard, rosewood top trim, single ring abalone rosette edged with rosewood, pearl "Element" fingerboard inlay, maple binding (non-figured).

Body type:   Taylor Grand Auditorium
Cutaway:   Single cutaway
Top wood:   Solid Sitka Spruce
Back & sides:   Solid Indian Rosewood
Bracing pattern:   800 Series Advanced Performance Grand Auditorium Bracing with Relief Rout
Body finish:   Gloss 3.5 Top, Back and Sides
Orientation:   Right-Handed

Neck shape:   Taylor Standard Profile
Nut width:   1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
Fingerboard:   Genuine African Ebony
Neck wood:   Tropical Mahogany
Scale length:   25.5 in.
Number of frets:   20
Neck finish:   Satin

Headstock overlay:   Genuine African Ebony
Tuning machines:   Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
Bridge:   Genuine African Ebony