Author Topic: 1st Giveaway! 2" Chocolate Buffalo leather Guitar Strap from Lakota Leathers!!!  (Read 7186 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Hi Everyone!

We have our 1st giveaway!  First of all, please join me in personally thanking Kenny at Lakota Leathers for so generously donating a 2" Chocolate Buffalo guitar strap to the UTGF!

The first time I ever ran across a Lakota Leathers' strap was at a local mom and pop guitar store. From the onset, it looked just like any other leather strap.............until I touched it.  WOW!  It was THE SOFTEST most SUPPLE leather strap I had ever felt.  It stuck with me for quite some time.

I visited the Lakota Leathers' website and their backstory was even more intriguing. Kenny started the company with the idea in mind to help the impoverished people of "Pine Ridge Indian reservation near Rapid City South Dakota." 

He writes, "Each Lakota Leathers strap is assembled on the Pine Ridge Lakota Sioux Indian reservation in South Dakota, USA.  Pine Ridge has the undesirable distinction of being the poorest county in the entire United States. The purchase of any Lakota Leathers strap not only gives you the ultimate quality, but helps provide income for  people on the reservation.  Truly a 'cottage' industry, Lakota Leathers straps are assembled in  living rooms and on kitchen tables of the people who make these wonderful straps."  What Kenny and Lakota Leathers is doing is insanely wonderful.

The strap I received was just like the one I saw in the store.  It's hard to believe that leather could actually be this soft.  I'm not exaggerating.

Their guitar straps come in 4 different colors and in widths of 2" and 3". 

Description from website:
"Each strap has a 36" main body and a 24" tail section. These pieces weave together to create an approximate maximum length of 58" and a minimum length of 37". Of course, they are completely adjustable."

Look:
You can't beat a classic leather guitar strap.  You just can't.  There's nothing flashy or anything that would be distracting visually.  Lakota's straps aren't meant to be flashy. It's meant to be both functional and comfortable.

Performance
The biggest gripe MANY have with leather guitar straps is the fact that many of them don't fit around the end pins or strap pins well.  If you "google" the topic, you'll find lots of home remedies to make the straps fit around the pins.  Many leather strap are especially stiff and rigid and have to be pried over the pins to fit. NOT these straps. 

Have I mentioned that this strap is the softest yet?  The pre-cut holes in the strap "melted" around both pins on my Taylor and Martin guitars.  There wasn't any prying that took place. Because the Buffalo leather is soooo insanely soft, there won't be any need for "breaking" this strap in.  Because it's soooo soft you don't notice that the strap is there.  Isn't that the point? It's also soooo soft that you can literally just roll it up and fit it in your guitar case

The underside of the strap is suede which is nice as it doesn't allow the guitar to slide down to one side while you play. I was able to raise both arms in the air and the guitar didn't move an inch. Over all, I give this strap a solid 5 stars out of 5. I couldn't find anything negative about this strap.  It's going to be my new loyal friend.   ;D

Please go visit Lakota Leathers' website at: http://www.lakotaleathers.com/

If you're in the market for a soft, supple guitar strap please consider purchasing one from Kenny knowing that you'll not only be receiving a wonderful product but also be helping the Lakota Sioux people at the same time. 

It gets better, Lakota has only ONE sale a year. It occurs from Black Friday to Cyber Monday. $10 off any strap!!!

Contest part! We're giving away one 2" Chocolate Buffalo leather strap! The Contest will run from now until the end of December 4th on which I'll randomly choose a number and the reply which matches the number will win!

Rules to enter:
1. Reply to this thread  :D
2. No duplicate entries. Duplicate entries will disqualify you from the contest.

I'll mail this strap anywhere.  So anyone overseas is welcome to participate. Good Luck everyone!

Again, please thank Kenny for his generosity!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:17:56 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

TLAW

I'm all in headfirst slide into that strap!...sign me up!   :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:02:04 PM by TLAW »
1913 Weymann Banjolin
1996 Strat/Texas Special
2003 Martin HD28
2007 Rover F Style Mandolin
2015 Eastman VL501 Violin
2017 Lamberti Master Series Guarneri Violin
2017 Taylor 914ce Sunburst
2019 Collings CJ35 Sunburst
Several other Also Rans

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Count me in as well, Josh! I'll be sure to visit their website.

Thanks for being here!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Thanks, Josh!  I'll take a chance on the strap!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Bmoney

Count me in. Thanks!

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Oooh, now that looks like a really soft, high-quality strap.  Count me in!!  :)

And thanks, Josh, for all you do for us here, brotha!!!  :D

Edward

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Thank you Kenny and Josh. An interesting company....will check them out. Please count me in!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

KM Frye

Count me in Please!    It would look so good against the mahogany top of my T5z!
Kevin Frye
Composer, conductor, player

Taylor T5Z
Rickenbacker 370/12
Gretsch 6122 CG
Fender FJ
Beaver Creek classical parlor guitar

Lectrons

I will checkout the website. Thanks for the offer.
By the way did you mean December 4th?
2017- 712ce 12 fret FLTD cedar/koa
2016- 322ce 12 fret
2015- 612ce 12 fret
2007- T5 C2 Koa
2012- K24ce
2001- 414ce

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
I am in.

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
I will checkout the website. Thanks for the offer.
By the way did you mean December 4th?

Yes lol not November 4th...I’ve changed it to December 4th..good catch!  ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Huge kudos to you JJ!

First off: my birthdate is December 4th, so I feel the good vibes, HA!
Second: I have purchased a Lakota strap for my mandolin, and they are absolutely top-notch quality and do a great job for with my instrument.
Third: Count me in PLEASE.

He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Soof

Josh, Lakota Leathers is a wonderful organization indeed.
Now this strap would go perfectly with my fairly new 110e so make sure you pick my name !!!! ;D
Thanks for your efforts !
Martin D-20 12 string (1970)
Yamaha APX500III
Taylor 110e Prototype (2016)
Fender Squier Vintage Modified 70s Tele
Reville MV-XM (actually a very nice Gibson copy!)
Donner Strat (copy)

cotten

Putting my name in the hat for the strap. It would be an honor to have one!

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

quake17

Awesome straps! Have both a guitar and mandolin strap. Please add my name as well!