Author Topic: FS- 614ce Near Mint condition  (Read 2645 times)

Vindibona1

FS- 614ce Near Mint condition
« on: October 05, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
I've got my eye on a Taylor jumbo and have two Grand Auditoriums which surprisingly sound similar. The boss says I have to sell one to buy one.

I've got a 2011 614ce in near mint condition.  No dings and I honestly cannot see any scratches, but you may find some light scratches if you look hard enough with the guitar angled into the light (had to say that to cover).  It has been cared for, kept in humidity controlled room... and opened up with a Tonerite (made a HUGE difference- I couldn't believe it).   I've posted test sound files (testing strings, mic's etc) in other threads so you may have already heard it (before Tonerite). Great sound for recording and doesn't get lost in the mix on stage.

The flaming, silking on the top and overall condition you can see in the photos. The ebony fingerboard is deep black with the cool inlays of the 600 series. It's got the ES1 system (takes 9v batteries) and IMO sounds better than the ES2 (it really does). ES2 has neck pickup and body pickup (ES1 only has single piezeo at the bridge/saddle).  It comes with Taylor 5-latch case

Pictures should tell you everything you need to know.

$1975 shipped to CONUS from adjacent north suburb to Chicago.  $1900- cash, picked up.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:32:58 PM by Vindibona1 »

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
Re: FS- 614ce Near Mint conditionl
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »
Nice axe. Sorry, but your info about the pups is not correct. Check taylor website.

If your axe has 9v battery it is either ES1.2 or ES1.3.  I do agree either will sound better for solo than the ES2. They are not as "hot" tho and may possibly need preamp in a band mix.

Hope this helps

Best on the sale of this sweetheart

Cheers

Paul

Vindibona1

Re: FS- 614ce Near Mint conditionl
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »
Nice axe. Sorry, but your info about the pups is not correct. Check taylor website.

If your axe has 9v battery it is either ES1.2 or ES1.3.  I do agree either will sound better for solo than the ES2. They are not as "hot" tho and may possibly need preamp in a band mix.

Hope this helps

Best on the sale of this sweetheart

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for your post.  It is a 1.3, I think. I knew exactly at one time.  I play regularly with an acoustic group run through a house system and my friends tell me the sound f the 614 sounds really good but the ES2 on my 814ceDLX is extremely brittle.  I didn't realize the 814/ES2 had only one piezo :( before I bought it. I got it because the acoustic sound is amazing, not so much plugged in.  I do have a Baggs GigPro preamp, so while not an ideal preamp, it is an option to help. I also have an EQ pedal, but I'm afraid of adding noise. Our house system is extremely sensitive to external devices.

BTW, I put a Tonerite on it for a few days and holy schnikes!  The sound is huge. If I had done the Tonerite thing before buying the 814ceDLX I don't think I would have bought it. Anyone want to make an offer on a nearly new, four month old 814ceDLX (also Tonerited)? [Half kidding/half serious]

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
Re: FS- 614ce Near Mint condition
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »
To tell what gen your ES pup is: 

https://www.taylorguitars.com/sites/default/files/instructions/images/TS-Install%20ES%201.3-09.jpg

If it has one white switch on the back of the circuit board and the red led in the corner it is the ES1.3

Two white switches and led above them it is the ES1.2

Two AA batts it is 1.1

Three tiny Allen bolts behind the saddle it is the ES2

My fave is the ES1.3, which even Taylor literature says is the closest to a good condenser mic in tone.

Again, hope this helps!

Cheers

Paul

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:45:24 AM »
To tell what gen your ES pup is: 

https://www.taylorguitars.com/sites/default/files/instructions/images/TS-Install%20ES%201.3-09.jpg

If it has one white switch on the back of the circuit board and the red led in the corner it is the ES1.3

Two white switches and led above them it is the ES1.2

Two AA batts it is 1.1

Three tiny Allen bolts behind the saddle it is the ES2

My fave is the ES1.3, which even Taylor literature says is the closest to a good condenser mic in tone.

Again, hope this helps!

Cheers

Paul

Why are Taylor ES systems the only technology that begins life as version 1.1 and not 1.0?
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Bmoney

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
would you consider trades?

Ssawy

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »
Can you ship to Canada?

letutur

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
I am also interested to know if you would consider trading...

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
After reading the below post, I'm not sure this guitar is for sale anymore.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5589442

I would PM the seller.
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX