Author Topic: Initial thoughts on new soundseat  (Read 2732 times)

Airborne

Initial thoughts on new soundseat
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »
Today I received my soundseat and will give my initial thoughts of the chair. The company was very helpful and easy to deal with and delivery was quick even though each chair is built per order. The packaging was fantastic with all components completely protected. Assembly was very quick, 10 minutes including unpackaging. Assembly instructions were very concise with good photos. I ordered the brown which is a dark chocolate color and is very attractive to my eye. I ordered the chair with a back rest, foot ring, and foot rest which are all adjustable. The seat is equipped with a gas adjustable cylinder also. I also went with castors on the chair feet. The chair is well built with quality components and will be used by someone long after I'm gone.  I've only played for an hour with this chair at this point but at 68 years of age with a history of back issues, I can honestly say this chair is very, very comfortable for me. I believe my playing time will increase dramatically!

tedtan

Re: Initial thoughts on new soundseat
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
I'm thinking about buying one soon, so this is great to hear.

Knuckle47

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Anything that can increase your playing time is clearly a big benefit.  While I am not too far behind you I never knew there was anything like this out there.  I thought my genius idea was taking the arm rest off of the right side of an office chair so the body doesn't bang into it.

Very interested in something like this too
Taylor T5z Cocobolo
Gretsch 6136 White Falcon1965
Gretsch 6118
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch Brian Setzer
Gibson Les Paul Recording 1971
Gibson J200
Line 6 Acoustic 700
Godin concert nylon synth
Brian Moore iGuitar
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor ll
1970 Les Paul custom
Fender Tele b-bender
Fender Strat

woodnut

• Veteran Member
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »
I have a similar type of chair called the Rock N Soc and enjoy it very much.

My wife uses it when playing her smaller travel harp but not when she's playing her full sized Camac harp because of it's 3 legs.
I had tried an office chair with arms that fold up and found it brutally uncomfortable to play my guitars.
Also tried kiddie chair, folding chair, sofa, office chair with both arms removed, the Rock N Sock rules.
A friend saw mine and he immediately purchased one too.
The carrying bag was a bit steep at $100, but it's made in the USA.
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini koa
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini Rosewood
Custom Taylor 412ce 12 fret Ovankol with Koa bindings

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 08:29:30 AM »
Those look very comfortable.  I see the soundseat has varying heights to offer, and they adjust in height.  With different seat widths and backrest sizes these could fit most anyone.  I wonder how they would work as a desk(computer) chair.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Minnesotaman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
I like wheels on a desk chair.

cotten

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 11:12:11 PM »
Those look very comfortable.  I see the soundseat has varying heights to offer, and they adjust in height.  With different seat widths and backrest sizes these could fit most anyone.  I wonder how they would work as a desk(computer) chair.
I'm sitting on my SoundSeat at my desk now. I like it! I tried the Rock n Sock, and it's better than most, but to me it's not up to SS standards. A friend asked me recently to be on the lookout for a used SoundSeat in decent shape. I've been looking! But they certainly don't come up very often - people that have one want another a lot more than they want to sell theirs. I understand why!

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

Knuckle47

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 10:02:41 PM »
I did find that by looking up Gas Lift on a popular website that sells almost anything, I found those replaceable cylinders in 10 different sizes and most were pretty inexpensive. I never thought you can buy them separately.  So I have a few of these stools that could benefit from being a touch higher so... 2 day prime shipping and I'm done.
Taylor T5z Cocobolo
Gretsch 6136 White Falcon1965
Gretsch 6118
Gretsch Country Club
Gretsch Brian Setzer
Gibson Les Paul Recording 1971
Gibson J200
Line 6 Acoustic 700
Godin concert nylon synth
Brian Moore iGuitar
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor ll
1970 Les Paul custom
Fender Tele b-bender
Fender Strat

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:14 PM »
I did find that by looking up Gas Lift on a popular website that sells almost anything, I found those replaceable cylinders in 10 different sizes and most were pretty inexpensive. I never thought you can buy them separately.  So I have a few of these stools that could benefit from being a touch higher so... 2 day prime shipping and I'm done.

WOW, now that is one of the best tips I've read in a while.  Thanks for that ...I'm a huntin!  :D

Edward

SoCalSurf

• Veteran Member
  • Don't have what you want; want what you have.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
Knuckle47 makes a great point in that anything that increases time spent with the guitar is a great investment.

I have a Roc n Soc stool with no seatback that is tremendously comfortable and sturdy. I also found a footrest for my right foot that makes playing the guitar feel extremely natural. Add to that a guitar body size that fits your playing (for me, a small body guitar), that all adds up to more time playing.
Taylor: GS Mini (koa), 517e, K24ce
Gibson: Hummingbird, SJ-200, SJ-200 12-string, SJ-200 parlor, Woody Guthrie J45 Southern Jumbo
Martin: 0000 Custom Ziricote
Preston Thompson O-Koa