Author Topic: Custom (BTO) GS  (Read 1334 times)

Dakell

Custom (BTO) GS
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
I'm still scheming how I can own this one for myself. I've heaped tons of praise in this forum on this mint condition guitar. It is far and away the finest sounding guitar I've encountered in over 50 years of playing. The second fine Taylor in a recently deceased friend's collection. We have the original build sheet detailing the selection of red cedar top and myrtlewood back and sides. Antique gold Gotoh tuners, ebony fretboard with snowflake inlays. In all fairness to my friend's family I have to make this guitar available to someone who might be able to afford it before I can! I honestly think this is a guitar for lifetime ownership. I'd trade every guitar at once I've ever owned in my life for this one. Sadly though it's out of my reach. Half price from original build cost of six grand. Asking $3,000. Make us an offer and this guitar that should belong to the gods can end up in your possession.

Corgle

Re: Custom (BTO) GS
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
Beautiful

Dakell

Re: Custom (BTO) GS
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
The guitar of the gods has a new owner. An old guy from my regular Friday jam session who plays a Taylor 614 drove to Houston, 4 hours away, and picked it up today. I hated to have to pass on it but my deceased friend would be very pleased with its new caretaker. Final price was $2,000.00. The remaining Taylor, the Builder's Reserve Series 3 is open for offers as well. This custom GS went for over two grand less than the original asking price. If you've ever wanted a BR series now is the time to shoot for one!