Author Topic: Contest/Review! 2 Winners will each win a G7th Performance 2 Steel Sting Capo!  (Read 17322 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Hello Everyone! Josh here!

Well I've been on the hunt for a different capo, which lead me to check out the G7th brand based out of the UK.

What attracted me to this particular brand/model was the ability to set one's own amount of pressure on the strings.  This lead me to write the G7th company and long story short, out of their generosity they mailed me some of their latest "Performance 2 Steel String" capos to give away as prizes on the forum!

First of all here's my review:

Packaging:  Great easy to open package, clearly displaying the capo. It fit nice and snug and doesn't rattle around. I'll note that on the back besides writing about the capo, this G7th company has taken a stand against Human Trafficking which we can all agree is an absolutely horrific crime.

Capo appearance:   The Performance 2 is super slim and minimalistic compared to other brands I've used. I love the shallow sleek design which doesn't draw attention to itself while on the neck of the guitar.

Capo performance:  This capo is perfect in every way. I'd give it 5 stars out of 5!  I'm not saying that out of obligation, I truly mean it.  It's the first capo that I've used that didn't mess with the intonation on the low "E" string. What a breath of fresh air!

This capo as many of you know works by squeezing the capo down on the strings.  YOU decide the amount of pressure applied to the strings, NOT the capo. At first, It thought that it might be difficult to figure out just how much pressure to use when gently squeezing, but it only took my 2 tries to get it right.  After the 2nd try, I was able to apply the perfect amount from that point on. 

The "finger grip" on the top of the capo as well as the "squeeze on/off mechanism" grip on the bottom were so intuitive to use.  One gentle squeeze with my thumb and pointer finger and the capo released perfectly. One little detail that I loved was the fact that the inside back part of the capo was coated with silicone as to protect the neck of the guitar. My other capos don't have that feature.  This tells me that the G7th design team thought about every little detail.

Capo quality:   The capo feels solid, but not heavy.  The black silicone is perfectly cut to fit the capo unlike some that I've had in the past where the silicone was applied on just slightly crooked. If you're worried about lasting quality and workmanship consider this: The G7th Performance 2 has a Free Lifetime Warranty. (One has to register it on their website.)  They stand by their product.

I can gladly say that the G7th Performance 2 is my new capo. It's not going anywhere but on my guitar or back in the guitar case. My capo search is over.

So here's where YOU come in!  As stated before the G7th company graciously donated these capos for prizes on the forum!  2 Lucky winners will each win one "Performance 2" capo.  One has a black matte finish, and the other has an 18K gold plate finish.

Here's how the contest will work:
1. Contest will run through Saturday on August 8th at midnight Central Time, simply reply to this thread to enter.
2. Each person is allowed only 1 entry.  Multiple entries will be disqualified. 
3. State which finish you would pick first. (The first person picked (at random) will have their first choice. The 2nd person picked (at random) will win the remaining "Performance 2"
4. That's it!  Good luck!

I will mail each winner their new capo. 

Please join me in thanking the G7th company for graciously donating 2 capos as prizes for the forum!

Please check out their website!  http://www.G7th.com/

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:21:50 AM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Very cool!  Make mine satin black, please!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
I would love to have the 18 kt Gold one. Its a beauty.  Thanks
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Thanks for doing this JR (and for running the forum too).  Satin black is my first preference, please.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
 Sign me up. Gold. Thanks. :)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Man, Josh, as if providing us a great place to hang out and share our passion is not enough, you keep coming up with these little goodies to share.  It's not said often enough, friend: Thank you!

Edward

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Thanks Josh! Informative review. Count me in.....black satin is my first choice.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Stringband Eric

• My website
Very cool.  Would prefer the satin black version.  First heard about these from Dakota Dave Hull who uses and endorses the G7.
Eric P.
2018 Taylor GS Mini Koa
1997 Taylor 420-R
2013 Gibson J-35

Buzz

• Playing guitar sure beats working.
I prefer satin black.  Thanks.
Buzz

2020 Taylor 717 BE
2019 Taylor 317e
2016 Taylor 410

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Thanks Josh! Black satin for me. Yet another reason to love this forum!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

packy

Thanks Josh!  Great forum!  Count me in - first pick is 18k gold and thanks G7th!

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
Thank you Josh! Black for me please.
And thank you for this great forum.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

donlyn

• Veteran Member
  • De gustibus non disputandum
josh, if my entry is chosen, i'd like satin black please.
thank you for contest and forum,
don
* The Heard:
85 Gibson J 200  sitka/rosewood Jumbo
99 Taylor 355  sitka/sapele 12 string Jumbo
06 Alvarez AJ60S  englemann/mpl lam m Jumbo
14 Taylor 818e  sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10  all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor  all walnut Jumbo
16 Taylor 412e-R SE  sitka/rosewood GC
16 Taylor 458e-R  sitka/rosewood 12 string GO
21 Epiphone J-200  sitka/maple Jumbo