Author Topic: Cakewalk Gone  (Read 796 times)

Flashdharma

Cakewalk Gone
« on: November 24, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »
Gibson Brands announced today that it is ceasing active development and production of Cakewalk branded products. The decision was made to better align with the company’s acquisition strategy that is heavily focused on growth in the global consumer electronics audio business under the Philips brand.

Cakewalk has been an industry leader in music software for over 25 years by fusing cutting-edge technology with creative approaches to tools that create, edit, mix, and publish music for professional and amateur musicians. Gibson Brands acquired Cakewalk in 2013.

I am sure there are others here, beside me, who cut their 'recording teeth' on a Cakewalk product.  I have been using Sonar since it was introduced and am very sorry to see it go. 

If you are using Sonar for your DAW needs, most of the other leading DAW manufacturers are offering 'cross-migration' discounts to registered Sonar owners.

My heart sunk when I heard that Roland had sold Cakewalk to Gibson, looks like for good reason.  After having played some of their new instruments, I am no longer a Gibson supporter - and, this is the frosting on the cake.

Bill