Author Topic: JayBrook says Hello - he loves his GS Mini-e Walnut!!  (Read 764 times)

JayBrook

JayBrook says Hello - he loves his GS Mini-e Walnut!!
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »
Hello all,

Thanks for the forum.  I am a first time Taylor owner and I am AMAZED at the precision design and construction.  Just amazed.  I've owned, and own, some great guitars, but the construction on this one is amazing!

I recently upgraded the tuners to the GraphTech RATIO (nickel, with the two pins on the back - not screws) and they fit perfectly and work great!

I recently upgraded the bridge pins to the GraphTech TUSQ black traditional pins with small abalone dots. Nice, but I don't know if the even-better sound is due to these, or the following ...

I custom-fit a Mitchel Platemate brass plate under the bridgeplate to keep the ball ends of the strings from ever wearing into the bridgeplate wood.  Tricky because of the ES2 pickup system with the 3 posts in-between the saddle and bridge pins.  I have photos of the process.  Sounds great, but may actually be due to the following ...

NEW STRINGS of course!  That always improves sound.  I'm trying the Ernie Ball Earthwood Phosphor-Bronze Medium Lights, and they are nice, and required no adjustment of the truss rod (since the guitar is setup with Medium Elixir nanos).

Enjoying my GS Mini-e Walnut ...

JayBrook

'17 Taylor GS Mini-e Walnut (ES2) Amazing thing
'16 Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Dreadnaught
'16 Takamine GC5CE Cutaway Classical Nylon
'15 Breedlove 25th Anniversary Pursuit Concert Koa
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:57:02 PM by JayBrook »
'17 Taylor GS Mini-e Walnut (ES2) Amazing thing
'17 Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Dreadnaught
'17 Takamine GC5CE Cutaway Classical Nylon
'15 Breedlove 25th Anniversary Pursuit Concert Koa

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: JayBrook says Hello - he loves his GS Mini-e Walnut!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Welcome Jay, congrats on your new GSM walnut. There is a ton of love for the GSM's here!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: JayBrook says Hello - he loves his GS Mini-e Walnut!!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum JayBrook.  I am a happy GSM owner myself, it is a good club to be in.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.