Author Topic: Father's Day  (Read 1349 times)

donlyn

• Veteran Member
  • De gustibus non disputandum
Father's Day
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
Hope everyone, especially those who qualify, had a great day today. My Father's Day started early, as in yesterday, with my granddaughter, so kind of made a weekend out of it. :)
* The Heard:
85 Gibson J 200  sitka/rosewood Jumbo
99 Taylor 355  sitka/sapele 12 string Jumbo
06 Alvarez AJ60S  englemann/mpl lam m Jumbo
14 Taylor 818e  sitka/rosewood Grand Orchestra
05 Taylor 512ce L10  all mahogany Grand Concert
09 Taylor  all walnut Jumbo
16 Taylor 412e-R SE  sitka/rosewood GC
16 Taylor 458e-R  sitka/rosewood 12 string GO
21 Epiphone J-200  sitka/maple Jumbo
22 Guild F-1512 s/rw 12 string Jumbo

* Tenor Ukuleles:
Kala KA STG
Kala KA APT5 CTG 5 string

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »
Begs the question.....did any father's get a new guitar (or anything guitar related)?  :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:16:49 AM by TaylorGirl »
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Dakell

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 06:34:48 PM »
Father's Day at my house was a great time. Both of my sons are fathers too now. It is so cool to observe 3 generations at my house and realize that it is all because of a decision I made years ago. It's weird to think how many lives would be different or never even have been if not for decisions I made. My son in law  and daughter were here too with their 2 kids. So we were celebrating for 4 fathers. My oldest son was pressed into grilling for everyone so I got the day off from that. I love watching my family when we're all together. All three of my kids went through school in the gifted and talented program. They got the gifted from their mother and the talented from me! All three are degreed professionals with professional employed spouses. Kind of funny but none of my kids had an interest in guitar but my two grandsons love to play with Poppy's guitars. I'll be leaving one to each of them eventually. Can I mention I am the favorite grampa for all my grandkids? I live in rural horse country in Texas and my grandkids get to feed apple slices to horses on two sides of the fence around my yard. The other grampas in town can't compete! Fatherhood is the greatest, actually I mean parenting. I used to worry about the world my kids were growing up in but am doubly concerned for my grandkids. That's a discussion for another time though.

Corgle

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
Yup