Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1749 times)

DDG

• Taylor Dealer & Tech (Gracewinds)
    • Dream Deal Guitars
Introduction
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »
Hello!  Got my first Taylor in 1983... I'm an authorized Taylor dealer out of Corvallis, OR.  Playing a 614ce with Adirondack bracing and Gotoh 510 1:21 tuners as my primary instrument, considering parting with my 618e First Edition.  I came here following up on a lead on a Holden Village but decided to stick around.  Feel free to ask questions you may have about Taylor guitars, or contact me privately for a special deal.  Thanks for having this forum!
Taylor Guitar Dealer, contact me privately for special forum pricing.

Peachlander77

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.  I wish I knew about Taylor guitars back in 1983.  Cool you could join this forum as it sounds like you've been a fan for a long time and now somewhat an expert as well.  I have the 616CE with Adirondack bracing and love it.  Love the finish and how the maple turned out too.  I'm curious about your 618E First Edition.  It's in maple in the larger body similar to like a Gibson SJ-200 body size?  How do you find the 618E sounds in comparison to your 614CE?  Maybe, too many questions for opening introductions.  Again, welcome to the Forum. :)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »
Welcome. Hope you stick around and help answer some questions from members...sounds like you might have some good knowledge to share.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

autovon

• Just a humble guitarist looking to learn more
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »
Good to meet you, G. Welcome!
- T5 Cocobolo (the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen... that I could afford:) **FOR SALE**
- BTO GS with cedar top, IRW b/s, and bloodwood trimmings (the most beautiful sounding guitar I've ever played)

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:41 PM »
Hi Gyrkin. :) Nice to have you here and look forward to your input on Taylor Guitars. :)
Cindy

DDG

• Dream Deal Guitars
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 04:07:53 AM »
Thanks all of you for the warm welcome.  Sorry, been really busy starting my own company separate of Gracewinds (though we still work together) and moving, etc.  But I'm back and happy to answer questions and help as much as I can.

NavyChap

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »
DDG, welcome aboard!!!
2015 Taylor 314ce
1997 Taylor 414ce
2005 Zager ZAD50CE
2016 Seagull S6 Original
2016 Epiphone PR-5E/N

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
Nice to have You here. I am new to doing any posting here, but have been playing Taylors since 1994 or so...

Cheers

Paul :)

DDG

• Dream Deal Guitars
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 12:28:30 AM »
Apologies, Peachlander, I just saw the questions in this welcome.

The 618 FE is not as articulate as the 614ce, nor as crisp, but was still a fine instrument.  Once the 614ce PP (Adi bracing &
 Gotoh 510 21:1 tuners) opened up, though, it was the clear winner.  The 618 was sold and is now replaced by something very new to the world at large and to Taylor -- a pet project of yours truly, the GA 12th fret.  Want low end power on demand, a very easy player that you can both fingerpick and beat on?  The GA 12th fret as I'm building them is the answer to your prayers,
 an the future of acoustic guitars.  Seriously.

Welcome to the Forum.  I wish I knew about Taylor guitars back in 1983.  Cool you could join this forum as it sounds like you've been a fan for a long time and now somewhat an expert as well.  I have the 616CE with Adirondack bracing and love it.  Love the finish and how the maple turned out too.  I'm curious about your 618E First Edition.  It's in maple in the larger body similar to like a Gibson SJ-200 body size?  How do you find the 618E sounds in comparison to your 614CE?  Maybe, too many questions for opening introductions.  Again, welcome to the Forum. :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:40:33 AM by DDG »