Author Topic: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?  (Read 24270 times)

PastorKenWells

Re: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
As I was considering the purchase of a new Taylor to replace my old friend Alvarez that got stolen, I Googled information about Taylor Guitars, and Taylor Forums.  BINGO!  This is a great forum.  Very helpful people here.
Pastor Ken Wells - Indiana

*2017 Taylor 310e,
*1999 Fender American Standard Stratocaster - (Highly modified),
*60's era  Gibson Les Paul - Highly Modified,

I'm also known as NM9P in Amateur Radio circles...

Bmoney

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
google was my friend in finding this forum. although lower activty i find it better (probably cause i only care about taylor guitars lol)

bukarew

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »
I'd call it "blind, outhouse luck"...i think it was a Google search, but i lurked here for a long time before i registered.   Awesome information here.  While i have a distinct Martin side, I love my Taylors!
2004 Taylor 514ce cedar
2001Taylor 512ce Adi
2016 Taylor 214-ce qm deluxe
2015 Taylor GS Mini Hog
2012 Martin HD28
2014 Martin HD16R adi
2001 Martin D15
2013 Martin 000EC
2013 Martin LX1E Ed Sheeran
PRS SE24
Ibanez AF75
Fender Tele
Fender American Strat
Epiphone Sheraton

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
While i have a distinct Martin side, I love my Taylors!
Unusual, but very cool! Welcome to the UTGF!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

letutur

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2017, 09:31:54 AM »
I was looking for a used 522e going through numerous links on Google and this forum showed up. I used to be a member of the Larrivee forum as well so knew what this was about. I love the infos I can find I am a little confused with the search features as when I find a link and click on it it ends up back at the front page though. ANyway, terrific, slightly addictive and if I was spending as much time playing as I am reading on this forum I would be the next Lagoya by now.

Duff

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2018, 12:05:28 PM »
Shortly  after buying a 314ce I had a vision..........it led me here.
Never touch a candle if you don't know where it's been.
Ian Drury.

Hornwriter

• Gold Star Father
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
This is my first posting ever to any forum.  I'm glad it's this one as I find a lot of kindred spirits here.  I found this forum by search for the topic "who has the oldest Taylor Guitar".  I've been in recent communication with Bob Taylor and now believe that to be me or possible one other.  Bob Taylor has graciously modified his website to now read: 

"The two oldest verified serial numbers are 00109 and 10109. Record keeping in the early days was spotty and it's uncertain which guitar is actually the first one, but these two were built within the first few months of Taylor Guitars production."  I own S/N 00109, a beautiful maple jumbo Bob himself made for me in early 1975 in their newly purchased shop in Lemon Grove.

I'm going to post more on the unique guitar and the story about my history with Bob and Kurt and the making of the first Taylor. It's also my hope that whomever has S/N 10109 reads this forum and comes forth with his or her own story.  Perhaps we can help Bob's spotty record keeping and solve once and for all the question of "who has the oldest Taylor"?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:55:38 PM by Hornwriter »
Steve,
'75 Taylor #1 Maple Jumbo (S/N 00109)
'86 Martin D-35 P
'83 Guild 12-String
'79 Les Paul Custom
'78 Tele
'99 Strat

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2018, 11:28:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum Hornwriter.  Great story with your Maple Jumbo.  I hope your whos who is solved.  I know it is not me, my oldest Taylor is from 2007
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM by MGap »
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2018, 06:07:45 AM »
This is my first posting ever to any forum.  I'm glad it's this one as I find a lot of kindred spirits here.  I found this forum by search for the topic "who has the oldest Taylor Guitar".  I've been in recent communication with Bob Taylor and now believe that to be me or possible one other.  Bob Taylor has graciously modified his website to now read: 

"The two oldest verified serial numbers are 00109 and 10109. Record keeping in the early days was spotty and it's uncertain which guitar is actually the first one, but these two were built within the first few months of Taylor Guitars production."  I own S/N 00109, a beautiful maple jumbo Bob himself made for me in early 1975 in their newly purchased shop in Lemon Grove.

I'm going to post more on the unique guitar and the story about my history with Bob and Kurt and the making of the first Taylor. It's also my hope that whomever has S/N 10109 reads this forum and comes forth with his or her own story.  Perhaps we can help Bob's spotty record keeping and solve once and for all the question of "who has the oldest Taylor"?
Welcome. Wow, that is cool. We'd love to see more pics of the guitar. Also, my heart goes out to you, as a good star father. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Susie

Hornwriter

• Gold Star Father
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:30 PM »
Suzie,

Thank you for your gracious thoughts. I had always though I would pass this beautiful guitar down to our son Sean. After 9/11 our son felt strongly about becoming a U.S. Marine and went on to serve his country in faraway Iraq. We lost our only Son in northern Iraq and miss him so very much.  Our daughter Melissa will now keep this instrument safe for one of my grandchildren to enjoy.  The circle of life goes on and the gift of music will always be a precious one.
Steve,
'75 Taylor #1 Maple Jumbo (S/N 00109)
'86 Martin D-35 P
'83 Guild 12-String
'79 Les Paul Custom
'78 Tele
'99 Strat

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
Suzie,

Thank you for your gracious thoughts. I had always though I would pass this beautiful guitar down to our son Sean. After 9/11 our son felt strongly about becoming a U.S. Marine and went on to serve his country in faraway Iraq. We lost our only Son in northern Iraq and miss him so very much.  Our daughter Melissa will now keep this instrument safe for one of my grandchildren to enjoy.  The circle of life goes on and the gift of music will always be a precious one.
I am so sorry to hear of your tremendous loss. You should be very proud of Sean. Thank you for sharing, bless you all.
Susie

RileyKendall

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
Was googling something and posts from here were in the results.   
2018 Taylor 916ce
2018 Taylor 224ce DLX Koa Special Edition
2016 Taylor Wildwood Custom GA 414ce (Engelmann Spruce/Flamed Maple)
2018 RainSong H-WS1000N2

Jimmer

• My first Taylor is a GS Mini
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2018, 06:28:05 PM »
I don't remember  :(
GSMini
214sb

Mark Stone

• Littledog Music
    • Littledog Music
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
Google search!
2015 Taylor 110e (ES2)
1977 Kazuo Yairi Conquistador (Classical)
https://litledog.blogspot.com/p/introduction_26.html

Doranged

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
Was looking for a 562 on line and a reference for this forum was made in a review.