Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 111638 times)

Bill1127

Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Hello everyone. Just found this place from a comment at AGF.

I started playing guitar after 25 year pause and have developed a serious case of GAS. Mostly playing electric but just purchased a 916ce. Tried a J45 last spring but just couldn't develope an attachment so I got rid of it.

I've been taking lessons for about a year and a half and I prove the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Trying to learn some finger style but we will see what happens.
Taylor 916ce
2011 R9 Les Paul

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
Hello everyone. Just found this place from a comment at AGF.

I started playing guitar after 25 year pause and have developed a serious case of GAS. Mostly playing electric but just purchased a 916ce. Tried a J45 last spring but just couldn't develope an attachment so I got rid of it.

I've been taking lessons for about a year and a half and I prove the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Trying to learn some finger style but we will see what happens.

Bill great to have you here sir!  Take off your shoes and make yourself at home!!!   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

rrgguitarman

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »
Hey guys. I just found out that the Taylor Forum was no more!
Glad to be here.

My name is Ruben. I've been enjoying trying to play the guitar for over 48 years...

Love my Taylor guitar.
Ruben

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
Hey guys. I just found out that the Taylor Forum was no more!
Glad to be here.

My name is Ruben. I've been enjoying trying to play the guitar for over 48 years...

Love my Taylor guitar.

Glad to have you here Ruben!  I LOVE my Taylor as well!!!   ;D

ipsofacto

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I was wondering where the Taylor Players section at the AGF went?????? Just noticed my PM and I am glad I did. Thanks for making this forum available. I have been a Taylor lover ever since I first played my friends 80's vintage 12 string with the mustache bridge. I bought a brand new 1989 510 back in Minneapolis, and played her for 21 years. I've never been one to flip a lot of guitars, I tend to find one and stick with it. Due to personal reasons I sold my 510, and was fortunate to find an as new 1996 512 with the pink poodle from a collector in Tuscon. A new old stock gem. I really wanted a 512 in 89', but I would of had to wait quite awhile at the time and I bought the dread instead. So anyway.........I now have my grand concert and I'm in love. I've always been a Hog fan. Thanks for listening.  :)
Scott

1972 Alvarez Yairi Classical
1996 Taylor 512

Bill Nichols

• Nichols Custom Inlay
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
Hi All,
I bought my first Taylor in 1991 and have been a big fan ever since.
I have had quite a few since that time but recently have whittled them down to a precious few.
I have found Taylor to be a very inovative company which has never lost their passion for building the best possible guitars.
They have always been very helpful to me.
I am glad to have found this new forum....thanks Josh!
Bill

bill@nicholsinlay.com
www.nicholsinlay.com

Bill Evans

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »
Hi All,
I bought my first Taylor in 1991 and have been a big fan ever since.
I have had quite a few since that time but recently have whittled them down to a precious few.
I have found Taylor to be a very inovative company which has never lost their passion for building the best possible guitars.
They have always been very helpful to me.
I am glad to have found this new forum....thanks Josh!
Hi Bill,
Welcome! Looking forward to receiving the TRC you will be making for my 412CE Fall 2011 Ltd.
Cheers.
Bill

Shrewsbury, UK
3 G&L electrics and 2 Taylor acoustics

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
The old man is on board!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »
Hey folks!

Probably the old man of this group but glad to join you folks. Been playin' guitar since the early 70s and just recently (Dec 2011) purchased my first Taylor, a Spring 2011 Limited Edition Taylor GS-LTD Mahogany ES. Gotta say, the other guitars at my place have become kinda invisible to me at this point.

Look forward to interacting with everyone!
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

tshepherd517

Greetings!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 07:03:33 AM »
Hello Everyone,
    I am probably one of the newest newbies. My name is Tim I am currently in the process of buying my second taylor - i sold my first taylor several years ago(a beautiful 600 series. I miss her :'( but I will be buying another soon. I am currently serving overseas in the military so as soon as I purchase this guitar online I will have it shipped to my home in the states and it will be waiting for me to get home! I was researching Taylors and this site gave me some real good info so I decided to join.

Excited to talk acoustics,

Tim

Epiphone SST
Fender Stratocaster

Bill Evans

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »
Hello Everyone,
    I am probably one of the newest newbies. My name is Tim I am currently in the process of buying my second taylor - i sold my first taylor several years ago(a beautiful 600 series. I miss her :'( but I will be buying another soon. I am currently serving overseas in the military so as soon as I purchase this guitar online I will have it shipped to my home in the states and it will be waiting for me to get home! I was researching Taylors and this site gave me some real good info so I decided to join.

Tim

Epiphone SST
Fender Stratocaster
If you are serving someplace dangerous, stay safe! I was in Iraq for 6 months.

Cheers.

Bill
3 G&L electrics and 2 Taylor acoustics

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
 Where were y'all 30 years ago?  8) Better late than never. I've learned plenty already.

CB
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Tim

Epiphone SST
Fender Stratocaster
hi Tim,
good to see you here :)
WELCOME !sounds like a great 'returning-home plan' to me :D
thank you for your service

there's a good number of 600 series fans here &
we're looking forward to hearing more from you  :)

it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

Bigdogjer

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »
Hello everyone,
I just recieved my taylor DN3 yesteday and I am, of course thrilled.
This is my first Taylor, and playing it for the first time has done nothing less than exceed my expectations.
I did a lot of research on the internet concerning this purchase and learned a great deal about Taylors in general.
In the past I had a couple of concerns about Taylor Dreadnaoughts, most of all their reputation as being on the "bright" side. This as been completley dispelled by my acquisition of the DN3. I couldn't ask for a better base response.
I also read a good bit about concerns with the 1 3/4 fretboard when it came to finger picking. I don't understand that at all. I have a good many guitars with varying fingerboard width. Seems if you can fingerpick a 12 string, a seagull, or any classical guitar that you would welcome the extra space on the DN3. To each his own.
This is a great guitar.
I can only imagine what an 8 series sounds like. But I am very happy with mine.
Other guitars include:
Alvarez MD60
Alvarez AJ60SE
Takamine EF 385 12 string
 Couple of very old and well aged Yamaha Classicals
and another 12 string or two
The only one that comes close to matching the harmonics of the Taylor is the Masterworks Cedar, and when I played it today after putting the DN3 down it sounded like it had a headcold.
Play on, Bigdogjer

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:55 PM »
Bigdogjer, congrats on your new Taylor!  I bet it really booms!  Great to have you here!  ;)

jgrosby

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:48 PM »
Thanks for the effort and organization to put this together and keep it...organized...best to you in that respect.
I was a barely-competent rhythm guitar player in a garage band full of loadies 1964-1969. Gave that up when I moved to San Diego and only picked up the guitar occasionally when I was looking to 'impress' a lady friend. Hey-it worked as planned...
I have been hanging around the San Diego music scene and the Tropical Rock/TropRock/DockRock/IslandRock/PermanentVacation music genre for a decade. Ok, ok, Jimmy Buffett/ParrotHead music-and decided to jump back in.
Had Carpal Tunnel release surgery in Spring 2010-very happy with the results-and bought a Taylor 210e to start the re-entry process. After a year, I found that the dred was a little too big to get my arm around, got an OM Eastman, AC412ce-which is a very nice guitar... and then, last fall, got a GSMini.
The GSMini will travel with me and go on the sailboat, the Eastman has been going with me to open mic events and other occasions where I can start working my way up.
This is my retirement hobby/project. I don't really need to make money makin' music, but I do need connection with others.

Song: 'Old Man Tom' by Jim Morris (Southern Florida)
He said "It's the trip not the destination, boy, I know because I've been,
Learn to play that guitar, son, you'll always have a friend"

I got the message