Author Topic: Marketplace Rules. **Rule has been added for Guitar for Sale Ads. Please Read**  (Read 75488 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
In order to post a For Sale thread in the Marketplace, we ask that members wishing to utilize this area of the forum to please do so once after reaching a post count of 30 or higher for non-guitar related items. Guitar ads now require a $15 dollar per guitar donation. Please see below.

We also ask that items being offered for sale be music related in nature.

1. Please provide an asking price for the item in your thread &/or a trade value if you are looking to 'swap gear' with someone.

Specific details are also helpful as well, such as payment types that are accepted, fees (i.e. PayPal, shipping method & cost.

2. Please DO NOT post your e-mail address of personal contact information in your ad.
The buyer can and should contact you via PM.
If you would like the buyer to have your email address, it can be sent via PM.
This will help prevent possible scammers etc as they fish for email addresses etc.
Any ad containing an e-mail address or personal information showing will be edited and/or deleted.

3. Please utilize PMs for any negotiations, trade offers & responses to WTB threads -
Please use caution when buying and selling, as the www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com
and it's owner is not, and will not be, liable for any types of sales or purchases.

Any sales and purchases are at both parties risk and both parties will take sole responsibility for any type of transaction.

Each seller is responsible for the assessing of their guitars worth/value.
Please do not contact the staff for appraisals.

The UTGF staff recommends obtaining adequate contact information via PM and that e-mail or,
ideally, a telephone call be used when considering purchasing an item listed in Marketplace.

Try to avoid using unsecured payment types, such as a bank or wire transfer or a 'Gift' option, as any of
which will leave no recourse for the buyer if there are any complications resulting from the transaction.
Using a credit card to fund a PayPal payment offers the buyer the best level of protection.'

In order to keep this area of the forum current, neat and organized, any thread within the Marketplace that has been
inactive for 60 days will be deleted. Please feel free to repost your item if it is still available for sale or trade.

When an item has been sold or is no longer available, please edit the thread and click on the
"Report to moderator" link to notify the staff so that the thread can be be removed.

Exceptions to these guidelines may be made as deemed necessary,
at the sole discretion of the administrator and/or moderators.

For our dealers & product manufacturers

Thank you for taking the time to participate & for sharing your knowledge & expertise !

Please refrain from advertising (actively promoting) your business in the open forum.
When & if dealer sponsors become available, a separate subforum will be created for this purpose.

Commerical activity will be edited or deleted  & subsequent posts will result in account suspension.
If a member or dealer wishes to receive more specific information from another dealer, please utilize PMs.

Again, thank you all for joining the forum & for making it a friendly, enjoyable & informative place!

Please participate often, enjoy each others company & encourage others to join our community!

Have fun! :) :)

*****************************EDIT*******************************

Hi All!

Before I get to the change, I'd like to explain "why" the change first. In 2011, when we started we grew incrementally. Unlike many forums across all subjects, I never wanted to start the forum in order to make money.  So I didn't.  Within the first few weeks of our existence, I had a number of dealers reach out to me behind the scenes and ask if they might be willing to help sponsor the forum financially. I would always profusely thank them but in the end decided that I wanted to keep finances out of the picture.

As our forum has grown so have the requirements in order to keep it up and running. I have been operating in the red since the beginning in 2011. We have now reached a point, where I believe it would be beneficial for the forum to generate funds in order to pay for itself.

SO with that being said, effective immediately, in order to post an actual guitar for sale in the Marketplace we are asking for a $15 dollar donation per guitar listed to the forum. Please keep in mind that this is ONLY for an actual guitar.  ALL other items can still be posted for FREE as long as the 30 post minimum has been met.

The 30 post minimum will no longer be required in order to post a guitar for sale, just the $15 donation per guitar listed in the ad.  $15 dollars percentage wise is so very minimal.  $15 dollars out of 1000 is 1.5%, $15 dollars out of 2000 is just a mere 0.75% etc.  All previous guitar for sale ads currently in place now are good to go and this new rule only applies to guitar only ads from now on. (3/2/2019)

The way this will work is that the user that wants to list 1 guitar for sale will select the "Donate" PayPal button on the upper right hand of the homepage.

They will then input the 15 dollar amount and in the "Add special instructions to the seller" field the user will simply put: 1. their UTGF username & 2. Guitar Model they are selling and finish the transaction.

Once the donation has been completed, then the user can then go directly to the Marketplace and list their guitar.  I will check the donations and make sure that they line up with what has been listed, and I'll edit the title of the Ad at the very end with "Approved."  The ad can stay up until it sells.  The ad only expires when the seller has sold the guitar or if the seller decides that they no longer want to sell the guitar.

Again this is $15 dollars per 1 guitar for sale, per ad. Guitar ads that have been posted by users that haven't donated, will be deleted.

So to recap:
1. $15 dollar donation in order to post 1 guitar for sale ad.
2. Non guitar ads still require a 30 post minimum. NO fee.

Please know again this is not a money grab. If I was interested in going that route, things would have been different from the start.  I appreciate all of you and I believe that this will be a great way to help keep this forum running and growing!

Thank you all!

Your friend,

jjrpilot
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:02:46 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard